Hollywood, California, is a world-famous destination known for its glitz, glamour, and the entertainment industry. If you’re looking to take a piece of this iconic place home with you—aside from the photos you take on your tour of Hollywood—souvenirs offer the perfect way to commemorate your visit. From trendy boutiques to bustling markets, Hollywood offers a plethora of options to find unique and memorable keepsakes. In this guide, we will explore the best places to buy souvenirs in Hollywood, CA.
- Hollywood and Highland Center: Located in the heart of Hollywood, the Hollywood and Highland Center is a premier shopping destination that combines retail therapy with a touch of Tinseltown magic. Here, you’ll find a variety of shops, including souvenir stores like Hollywood Souvenirs and The Los Angeles Store. These shops offer a wide range of Hollywood-themed merchandise, including T-shirts, keychains, mugs, posters, and memorabilia from your favorite movies.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame: The Hollywood Walk of Fame is an iconic attraction featuring more than 2,600 stars honoring notable personalities from the entertainment industry. Along this historic boulevard, you’ll find several souvenir stands and street vendors offering an array of Hollywood-themed merchandise. These vendors often sell affordable souvenirs such as postcards, magnets, and small trinkets, making it a great place to pick up budget-friendly keepsakes.
- Melrose Avenue: Melrose Avenue is a trendy shopping district known for its vibrant atmosphere and unique boutiques. This fashionable street is home to numerous stores offering an eclectic mix of clothing, accessories, and one-of-a-kind souvenirs. Places like Urban Outfitters and Wasteland feature vintage clothing and retro items that can serve as distinctive souvenirs, capturing the essence of Hollywood’s fashion scene.
- Farmers Market at The Grove: Just a short distance from Hollywood, The Grove is a popular outdoor shopping mall that hosts the Farmers Market. This bustling market boasts an impressive selection of food vendors, fresh produce, and specialty shops. While exploring the market, you’ll find stores like “I Love LA!” and “Los Angeles Icons” that specialize in city-centric souvenirs. From Hollywood-themed apparel to locally crafted goods, the Farmers Market offers a diverse range of options to suit every taste.
- Amoeba Music: Music lovers and collectors must visit Amoeba Music on Sunset Boulevard. This iconic independent record store is a paradise for music enthusiasts, with an extensive collection of CDs, vinyl records, and music-related merchandise. Amoeba Music also offers Hollywood-specific souvenirs, such as music-themed T-shirts, posters, and vintage memorabilia, allowing you to take home a piece of Hollywood’s rich musical heritage.
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery: While it might seem unconventional, the Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a unique place to find souvenirs. This historic burial ground is the resting place of many Hollywood legends, and the on-site gift shop, appropriately named “The Cathedral Gift Shop,” offers an intriguing selection of items related to Hollywood history and culture. From books on film and celebrity biographies to cemetery-themed souvenirs, this shop provides a distinctive and offbeat shopping experience.
- Hollywood & Vine Vintage Market: If you’re searching for vintage treasures and collectibles, head to the Hollywood & Vine Vintage Market. This indoor market brings together a curated collection of vendors selling a variety of vintage items, including clothing, accessories, furniture, and memorabilia. Here, you’ll find unique souvenirs that evoke the nostalgia of classic Hollywood, making it an excellent choice for collectors and those seeking something truly special.
- Souvenirs of Hollywood. The name says it all. Located on the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave. Just across from the Hollywood and Highland Center. See the photo in this post.
- Let’s not forget Funko. Their little celebrity images known as “pops” are truly unique and collected by many around the world.
When it comes to buying souvenirs in Hollywood, CA, the options are as diverse as the city itself.